William Bee Ririe Rural Health Clinic is excited to announce the addition of Dr. Ty Erickson as one of their visiting specialty physicians. Dr. Erickson is a native Nevadan. Both of his grandparents lived in Ely and worked at Kennecott. His father, Einar Erickson was born in Ruth and worked as a consulting geologist for Silver King Mines. His mother Georgia Gudmundson and father graduated from White Pine County High School. Dr. Erickson attended grade school in East Ely before the family moved to Las Vegas.
He graduated from University of Nevada School of Medicine in 1983 and completed his specialty training at the University of Colorado in Obstetrics and Gynecology. He is dual board certified in OB/Gyn and Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. As a specialist in female pelvic medicine he treats the following types of concerns women may develop:
- Stress urinary incontinence using the latest medication and surgical procedures
- Urgency and urge incontinence including bladder neuromodulation and Botox
- Bladder and uterine prolapse
- Pelvic pain with or without intimacy
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery
- Recurrent urinary tract and pelvic infections
- Fecal incontinence
- Hysterectomy for pain, fibroids, prolapse.
- Menopause management with the latest medical therapy
- Painful bladder syndrome or interstitial cystitis
Dr. Erickson travels throughout the world training surgeons in advanced pelvic surgery including robotics; having trained surgeons in over 15 countries. Through the Janice Foundation he conducts humanitarian work in South America and Africa. He and his wife Michelle have five children and 9 grandchildren. He is excited about coming back “home” to work with the wonderful people in Ely.
For a referral to this specialist schedule the next available appointment with either of the William Bee Ririe OB/Gyns or Dr. Crouch at (775) 289-4040. Dr. Erickson will begin seeing patients in September and will be coming every other month